Breastfeeding is the most environmentally friendly way to feed your baby.
Breast milk is a renewable resource.
Breastfeeding is not only beneficial to the environment,
there are big benefits for babies and mothers too:
1. The mother’s antibodies will protect the baby from illness.
2. Breastfed babies are less likely to have allergies.
3. Breastfeeding reduces the rates of breast cancer and ovarian cancer in mothers.
4. Breastfeeding saves time.
5. Mothers who breastfeed lose weight more quickly after giving birth.
If you’re breastfeeding, be proud that you’re giving your baby the vest best start in life, while helping to reduce damage to our planet Breastfeeding is one of the best things we can do for our children.
Tips for Mothers
- Commit to breast-feeding your child, no matter within an hour of deliver
- Let the baby take a good grip of nipple while suckling
- Make baby stay in your room even after the C-section, unless separation is indicated
- Establish a good milk supply by letting your baby nurse whenever she/he wants.
- Eat nutritious meals, take adequate milk and get adequate sleep
- Take pain medication
- Do not use bottles for at least two weeks after delivery or else baby will have nipple confusion
- If newborn wets six-eight diapers/day and three stools, she/he is getting enough to eat.
- Consult paediatrician for weight check
- Get help from obstetrician in case of problems in breast-feeding