Personal hygiene during Periods, Menses, Menstruation
Things to keep in mind before choosing a sanitary pad / napkin:
How long one should wear a disposable sanitary pad?
- Changing a pad usually depends on the rate of the menstrual flow. One needs to change the pad more frequently when the flow is heavy. Change the pads every 3-4 hours mainly the first 2 days of the period.
- Changing pads frequently also saves you from the embarrassment of menstrual blood odor. When blood stays for a long time in contact of air, it produces an unpleasant odor. Choose odor control napkins with fragrance to prevent period smell.
How to dispose a disposable sanitary pad?
Precautions while using a sanitary pad: Sanitary pads cannot be used during swimming. Never enter a pool while you are using a pad.
Precautions during periods:
- Avoid sex with your partner during your menses as it can be unhygienic and messy.
Body cleanliness and diet during periods:
- It is very important to maintain a high level of hygiene during your periods to avoid vaginal and urinary tract infections.
- Sanitary pads can cause some irritation on the inner thighs. Keep your genitals clean to overcome the problem.
- Take a warm water bath twice a day during your menses to stay fresh and healthy.
- Wear clean and bright clothes.
- Wash your hands before and after changing a sanitary pad.
- In case you get some stain on your panty change it immediately.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water.