How is hepatitis C spread?
Who is at risk for hepatitis C?
- injection drug users
- people who have sex with an infected person
- people who have multiple sex partners
- health care workers
- infants born to infected women
- haemodialysis patients
- people who received a transfusion of blood or blood products before July 1992, when sensitive tests to screen blood donors for hepatitis C were introduced
- people who received clotting factors made before 1987, when methods to manufacture these products were improved