2-Breast milk is a renewable resource.
3-Breastfeeding is not only beneficial to the environment,
while helping to reduce damage to our planet
Breastfeeding is one of the best things we can do for our children.
- Commit to breast-feeding your child, no matter what
- Nurse within an hour of delivery
- Let the baby take a good grip of nipple while suckling
- Make baby stay in your room even after the C-section, unless separation is indicated
- Establish a good milk supply by letting your baby nurse whenever she/he wants.
- Eat nutritious meals, take adequate milk and get adequate sleep
- Take pain medication
- Do not use bottles for at least two weeks after delivery or else baby will have nipple confusion
- If newborn wets six-eight diapers/day and three stools, she/he is getting enough to eat. Consult paediatrician for weight check
- Get help from obstetrician in case of problems in breast-feeding